For the past several days Henry has taken his naps in either our bed or the guest bed. As long as he sleeps I don't really care where it is, so this has been fine with me. At night, however, he has still slept in his toddler bed.
Last night he slept here.
I was rocking him as usual when he pressed his little mouth into my neck and whispered, "Pink bed." (The walls in the guest room are soft pink.)
That was that. His toddler bed would not do. I gently laid him down in the big bed, rested beside him for a moment to make sure he went to sleep, and he was out in seconds.
Now, we have some options. He can continue to sleep in the guest room. We can covert his toddler bed to a full bed. (We'll need to buy a full mattress.) We can paint, move furniture, and convert his room to the guest room and the guest room to his room. (Um, no.)
Since our house has been on the market for 5 months, you might assume we would throw in the towel and just convert his toddler bed to a full bed. But I'd really rather wait until we move in a new house, and I'm not ready to give up on that. So, I think for now we'll just let Henry choose which bed he prefers and keep his room as is. (I'll save you the house
Since day 1 on this earth, my little fella has been determined, strong-willed and sure of what he wants. It seems he has now decided he is a big boy. If only I could get this big boy interested in underwear!
Oh No, another milestone....snif snif.
ReplyDeleteI feel your house woes! It will sell when God wants it to sell. I didn't honestly believe this with all my heart until it happened to us! It was a LONG time of paying for a house that we didn't leave in but God taught us so much about His timing during that time. Praying for you!
ReplyDeleteAli, I appreciate the prayers! We really stuck between a rock and a hard place and praying for the Lord's guidance. I know one thing - when this house sells, it will be God's victory!
ReplyDelete