Pages

Saturday, August 4, 2012

A new nap time routine

One of the things I love most about Henry is his tender heart for Dobby. For awhile now, he has insisted Dobby be in his room during our wind-down before nap. That hasn't changed since he has moved his sleeping to the guest room. Each afternoon he stands at the door shouting, "Come in, Dobby! Come in!" and beckoning with his arm. Dobby spends 99% of his day sleeping or pretending to sleep, so he is usually a little slow to wake up and meander into the room. I decided to move Dobby's bed in the guest room at nap time to provide a little motivation. Well, not surprisingly, my plan backfired a bit.

Henry wants to sleep on the dog bed with Dobby.

Sigh.

I tell Henry it's dirty and he can sleep beside Dobby on another pillow. For the last two days this has worked pretty well. Henry and I lie down on the floor, Henry falls asleep, and I just move him to the bed.

I wonder how long this phase will last.

No comments:

Post a Comment