Pages

Thursday, August 9, 2012

Sick

You know the poop word that starts with a "d"? That word is going to be used in this post. Just a warning.

Two weeks ago tomorrow, Henry started having diarrhea. He had no symptoms otherwise and seemed pretty happy, although he was reluctant to eat. Guess what? He still has it. You wouldn't believe the diaper rash if you saw it with your own eyes.

After several days of Butt Paste, I emailed Sandy to see what miracle product she had at the beach. I began using Triple Paste and about the same time the diarrhea lessened, so Henry's bottom got much better. Then the diarrhea came back with a vengeance and we're back to square one.

(Square one! Duh-duh-duh-duh. Duh-duh-duhhhhh. Square one! Anybody?)

He is walking with legs far apart. He shivers in pain, writhes, screams, and kicks when I change his diaper, so Keith and I together have to hold him down. I am in pain to see him in pain.

I did call the pediatrician, and the nurse assured me it is not uncommon for a stomach bug to last two weeks. I had no idea! If he is still sick on Monday, we are to come in for a culture. I am praying that won't be the case.

The really funny part of this is that at his 3-year check-up, we remarked that Henry had not seen a doctor since his 2-year check-up. Then he lodged a Craisin halfway to his brain and contracted Montezuma's revenge.

And in case you didn't get the reference above....

1 comment:

  1. I did get the reference! I'm glad his little bottom is better. We used a lot of triple paste around here over the years. Charlotte used to get the worst diaper rashes; we think it was from some of her meds. Awful! And it is so hard to clean them up like that- you know how much it hurts, but you know it will be worse in the long run if you don't clean them all the way. (I'm sure that'd make a great metaphor, if it didn't involve so much poop.)

    ReplyDelete