Pages

Friday, August 31, 2012

Henry's funnies

Henry is at that age where kids say the cutest things.  Here are a few things that crack us up.

"Mama, love doctor, love nurse. Fixed the nose! Craisin in the nose."
That traumatic day when three people held him down (not once but twice) and freakishly long metal objects went in his nose actually left a good memory. Go figure.

"Oh, bumpers!"
Henry is really understanding the nuances of our language now. He's expressing surprise, frustration or trouble in a way he heard from the Chuggington trains. For example, yesterday he purposely rolled off the bed onto a large pillow and said, "Oh, bumpers!"

"Sorry, Mama. Sorry, Daddy."
"Sorry, sorry."
Again, he's understanding our language and how to use it, even if he doesn't truly understand what it means to be sorry. (I'm not saying he doesn't, but I just don't know.)

"'Scuse me."
I'm not sure what happens in the brain that turns a baby into a big boy, but it has happened. All of a sudden Henry is burping and pooting and softly saying, "'Scuse me." To his credit, the, uh, sounds are natural and not yet that look-I-can-fart-can-you? kind of ridiculousness.

"Gordon's cross."
Just as we learned "Oh, bumpers!" from Chuggington, we've learned British words from Thomas. (Is that the right adjective? Can a word be British?)  When someone is angry or mean, they are cross.

"He's trouble, Mama."
If someone is causing trouble (looking at you, Dobby), they are inevitably going to receive this admonition from Henry.

"Two?"
I mentioned it on Facebook already, but Henry is definitely in the bargaining phase.
"You can have one cookie, Henry."
"Two?"
Thankfully, he doesn't fuss when I tell him no.

"Octagon!"
Spelling stop is so old. Now he has to tell us that each stop sign is an octagon.

Finally, and I know this isn't a funny, he's saying these 3 sweet words that simultaneously stopped my heart and sent it soaring when I first heard it:
"Love Henry's school."

No comments:

Post a Comment