When Henry doesn't want his hair combed, nose wiped, etc. he will wave me off with, "Better, better, better." Finally, I can say Henry's stomach issues and bottom are all better!
This little fella continues to be determined to choose his clothes, especially at bed time. I'm not sure why he would rather wear clothes than pajamas. Maybe it's just a way to assert his independence. I do insist that he chooses shorts with elastic and no buttons, so he can sleep comfortably. Other than that, I have decided to let him have this.
There's a lot in his life he can't control - even a lot I can't control. And I'm pretty sure no one ever looked back and said, "I really wish my mom and dad hadn't let me pick out my pajamas," so I just smiled tonight when he picked out navy drawstring shorts and a dinosaur t-shirt. In his mind right now, for whatever reason, clothes are just "better, better."
No comments:
Post a Comment