For the past few weeks we have been helping Henry to memorize his dojo's student creed, which is the requirement to receive the first belt. We printed out a copy and tacked it to the corkboard in his room and practiced each night before bed. On Wednesday night he asked to hold "the green paper" (i.e. the creed). I hand it to him and then dropped my teeth (Keith too) when he recited the entire thing from memory. I think holding the card allowed him to focus, even though he couldn't read the words.
On Saturday morning Keith took Henry to ninjutsu and he nailed that creed! Here he is receiving his white belt. All of the other students clapped for him. Yes, I cried when Keith sent me the picture. Mommy is so very proud of her little ninja.
That has to be the cutest Ninja in the world!
ReplyDelete