This morning Henry was supposed to spend some time with our dear friend Libby while I went to work, but Henry had other plans. This meant I missed a promising presentation by a professor I deeply admire, but hey, flexibility is part of the Autism Mom job description.
"This is kinda like Perrin's school."
"This is awesome."
I wore crazy nail wraps. Most people know I'm not a nail person, so this is definitely out of my comfort zone. Bring it, autism!
Henry's Resurrection Eggs from Grammy arrived in the mail. He had a good time discovering the elements of the Easter story.
We enjoyed lots of time in the warm spring sun! (Yes, he's destroying the landscaping on the hill beside our house. It's ok; we hate it and it's changing soon anyway.)
We also delivered a cookie to Abel, which Henry picked out for him at Whole Foods.
In short, today we…
prevented a meltdown by being flexible.
went to the grocery store.
played with trains.
read books.
negotiated candy and sweets.
snuggled.
laughed.
thought about our friends.
received a package in the mail.
talked about our family.
set the timer several times.
negotiated at bath time. ("No hair, Mom. Just body.")
tried talking about Jesus.
It was our typical day, not one of the bad days, which is maybe the perfect way to celebrate WAAD. This is our normal.





It was a good day! He looks cute in his shirt, looks like it was a good fit!
ReplyDelete