Pages

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

I'm a Resurrection girl

I've been thinking a lot lately about Henry's future, which is the exact opposite of what I've done until now. Making it through each week, each day, each challenge has been our MO. It doesn't make a lot of sense to worry about the what-ifs. Pragmatic planning? Yes. Excessive worrying? No.

Unfortunately, the older Henry grows the more visible his autism becomes. Once adorable quirks are now subtle reminders of his eccentricity. And I don't necessarily mind those quirks… they're just becoming more noticeable. Which means we have to deal with them. I don't mean try to erase them; I mean deal with them in our own minds.

So, this last month or so, this time of thinking toward summer and transitional kindergarten in the fall and even beyond, has been rough for the old Depression Meter. That darn thing has been spiking to an uncomfortable level.

Fortunately, I was reminded by Ann Voskamp that I am one of the Resurrection People:

"Because we know that whatever stone that’s been trapping, whatever boulder that’s been blocking, whatever rock that’s been locking — we know our God heaves stones because He loves and we know our God tears off grave clothes because He resurrects and we know our God upends to right.
We are the Resurrection People who know that hope can rise from the dead places
and that impossible stones can be rolled back to light
and right now all the sad things are becoming undone.
No matter how the world turns, there’s no turning that stone back now. ...
Ashes are always the papery birth announcement of beauty rising. ...
We’re the Resurrection people who believe that we can turn back, that people can turn back, that situations can turn around, because we’ve seen that stone’s been rolled back."

No comments:

Post a Comment