Monday, April 7, 2014
Thanks, God.
Because my little buddy loves to read, I've always been a bit perplexed about his refusal to listen to a Bible story. Time after time I've gently coaxed him to let me read The Jesus Storybook Bible or separate books from The Beginner's Bible, but each time he has refused. Remembering words from my loved ones, I'd tell myself that God designed Henry's heart and knows him better than anyone and I need to trust Him.
Last night it happened. We read the three books Henry picked for bedtime, and then I nonchalantly said, "Now I'm going to read the Easter story." Just like I've dreamed, he snuggled close to me and asked questions as I read. Maybe it was the Resurrection Eggs, maybe it was just the right timing. Whatever the case, God gave me a special gift last night.
Labels:
henry
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment