Thursday morning Henry was playing in my bedroom as I put my make-up on. Suddenly, he put his ipad down and said, "I want to pray for God for my friend Nicholas."
Stunned, pleased, touched, and trying to act cool, I just replied, "Ok."
He bowed his head, closed his eyes, and prayed, "Dear God, thank you for my new school and for my friend Nicholas. Amen."
I kneeled down and gave him a big hug. "Honey, that's so sweet."
"Yeah, it was sweet to Nicholas."
__________________
I've wondered so many times if Henry would be able to have a relationship with God, who seems so abstract. I've feared this more than anything else. But God knows the desires of my heart, and I know God wants Henry to know Him even more than I do. He is so faithful.
Philippians 1:9-10
And this is my prayer: that your love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight, so that you may be able to discern what is best and may be pure and blameless for the day of Christ, filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ -- to the glory and praise of God.
:-) AMEN!
ReplyDelete