Pages

Sunday, November 17, 2013

This year I'm thankful for

Today was one of those rare and beautiful days when the only thing on my agenda was to attend church with my family, and I came home feeling so full, happy, and thankful that I could hardly soak it all in.

It was a beautiful Sunday morning of celebration - a wedding engagement I'd been praying and hoping for, a new couple in Sunday School class, a successful surgery, completion of hematology boards, a new job. And it was also my first Sunday serving as an usher, which probably makes me sound ridiculous, but I truly love serving my church in even a tiny way. After the service we enjoyed a delicious lunch of chicken and dumplings with our church family, prepared by Keith and the culinary committee. During lunch I had what I suspect was a divine encounter with someone who has been floating on and off my radar for the last 5 years. Finally, I drove to a warm, safe home surrounded by fall leaves.

My heart is bursting with gratitude today, so I think it a fitting time to create a Thanksgiving 2013 list.

the ladies of Women's Bible Study
our Sunday School class
our pastors
Emerge - A Child's Place
TEACCH
our neighbors
preschool
phone calls with Kelly
occasions to see Jenn, Jaime, and Cassie
Facebook conversations with old friends
healing and restoration
my home and backyard
Keith's unfailing love and devotion to our marriage
Henry's continued growth
contentment
letting go of perfection
accepting and extending grace
family who have supported us


No comments:

Post a Comment