Pages

Friday, November 30, 2012

Thanksgiving, batch 2

On Friday Grandma, GG (great-grandma Mary), Marjorie, Henry, and I went to the Atlanta Botanical Gardens to see their Christmas displays. We knew there would be a large model train exhibit as well as a ride-on train. What we didn't know was that a beautiful Father Christmas would be in the greenhouse. What a treat! Santa even knew Henry loved Thomas and talked for a few minutes about the Island of Sodor. You can imagine this mommy's delight.









 (Daddy was golfing with the men.)


Friday evening we had our annual "Dirty Santa" Christmas gift exchange, and the children exchanged their Christmas gifts to each other.

They also received cool bathtub boats from Terry and Rich. As you can see in the picture below, this is when Henry began to melt down....
He had already opened his gift, but then he wanted Shelby's too. That's hers in the picture. It was late, he hadn't napped that day, and it was definitely time to separate him from the activity. He promptly went to sleep! (But isn't the picture hysterical?)

Overall, Henry had a magnificent Thanksgiving. I was so proud of him. He did not sit at the table with everyone at meals, but I anticipated that. Too many people and too much excitement. Each evening he retreated to the living room where it was more quiet and he watched Nemo. On his own time, I managed to get some food in him. And he ate almost that entire apple you see in the pictures above! He was fantastic and loved every minute with his cousin Shelby. I couldn't have asked for more.

No comments:

Post a Comment