Pages

Friday, November 9, 2012

Family resemblance

Much like his mommy and daddy, Henry loves the autumn leaves. This week he has raked, jumped into, and rolled trucks through the leaves.

And, like his mommy, little fella doesn't like finger paint. Somehow, though, he managed it at school this week. He came home with 4 beautiful masterpieces in fall colors. They must have also been discussing shapes, since the canvases were a rectangle, square, triangle, and circle.
He didn't care for the apple tree project, however. Keith and I had to laugh when we saw this on the bulletin board at church. That is so our Henry.
Finally, just like both of us, Henry is a great student. We recently got his progress report at Southwest and had his parent-teacher conference at UUMP. We were incredibly pleased and proud of our boy. He's on track for meeting his goals, and though we can see he's making tremendous strides in his speech and social skills, it's fantastic to hear that from his teachers as well.

They also report his kindness and love for others, and his UUMP teachers claim, "He has stolen our hearts." I assured them the feeling was mutual, as he literally runs to the car when it's a morning to see Miss Stephanie and Miss Lisa. He's also much more comfortable at Southwest, and we've now had three mornings in a row without any tears! I couldn't be happier about that.

We are loving watching all of his character traits, skills, and interests blossom.

4 comments:

  1. It's good to hear he is doing so well!

    I like the paintings. Evan and I haven't tried finger painting yet and I'm curious to see if he'll be a fan not. He HATES being diry - like his dad. haha

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Jess! I've tried the color wonder finger paint with Henry and he tolerated it for a bit, but he wanted his hands washed pretty quickly. You should try that, though. They don't feel *as* messy, since you can't see the paint on your fingers. I honestly can't blame Henry..... I gagged when a teacher tried to make me fingerpaint! Haha.

      You have a great one too.

      Delete
  2. His art work is great. I think the apple tree is beautiful in its simplicity. Pleased to hear his first report was positive. Mom and Dad get a big pat on the back, too. Henry is obviously a happy little boy! Sallie

    ReplyDelete