Pages

Friday, April 17, 2015

"Twisted over you."

It's been a tough week, the kind that makes you want to cry from both love and pain. (Maybe it's also because I have another sinus infection, but whatever.)

Even as I received a lovely note from Henry's teacher, telling me all the ways he has shown maturity this week, I also watched as children were rude to him. I saw him ignored and told he wasn't wanted. I saw children frustrated over his scripting. I heard his need to finish the script when I softly said, "That's enough for now, Buddy."

I don't want to forget that being a parent always involves a little pain. Any child can come home from school with a scraped knee or bruised heart. Yet, I know what I saw this week wasn't what every child experiences.

It's because he's different.

As much as I celebrate his differences, love his quirks, and wouldn't wish for any other boy in the world, I still hurt sometimes.

It hurts.

3 comments:

  1. I wish I was close enough to drive over and give you a huge hug then we could all go to sushi.
    I also wish that H's classmates wanted to love on him, follow him around, and play with him as much as Noah does. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. We hurt so much when our babies hurt (no matter how old they get). He is a special little boy and will have friends who love him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We hurt so much when our babies hurt (no matter how old they get). He is a special little boy and will have friends who love him.

    ReplyDelete