H: Dad, can I watch TV?
K: What's missing from that question?
H: A remote…?
____________
A very large and loud bee is buzzing outside our screened porch.
H: Mom, what's that bee doing?
M: It wants inside. Maybe it wants to sting us. Or maybe it's thirsty and looking for water. Or maybe it's trying to find his friends.
A few minutes later…
H: That bee says, "I want inside to stung Mommy and Henry."
____________
M: Can I swing on your swing too?
H: No, Mommy. You're tooooo grown-up.
____________
H: Woo! Mom, that's too fast. A police will get you. You'll get a big ticket.
___________
H: Mom, let's get two Munchkins. One for me, one for Abel. We can share Munchkins.
M: That's so sweet, bud. We already saw Abel today, but maybe next time you can get one for him.
Ten minutes later.
H: Um, I ate Abel's Munchkin.
___________
M: What would you like for dinner?
H: Cereal bar, goldfish, 3 almonds, 5 Craisins, and pizza. And apple. And a treat after my dinner. Those are my 7 foods.
(Yes, love, I'm well aware of your foods.)
No comments:
Post a Comment