Pages

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

This week so far

On Sunday Henry sang the entire Happy Birthday song to Grandma and then walked off with the phone. He's also answering my phone these days and refusing to let me talk!


Also on Sunday, Keith gave him this chef hat that Keith found in his Grandma and Grandpa's basement when he was a little boy. It reads Genius at Work.

Henry's imagination is making us smile so much these days. He's making lots of delicious meals for us with his pretend stove. I love to hear, "Here you go, Mommy! Here's some special soup for you! Oh, you need a spoon."

On Monday Henry ate one bite of an orange in therapy! No pic, but imagine me trying not to act totally shocked and excited and therefore mess up the whole nonchalant thing his therapist had going on.

This morning was Henry's first swim lesson, which couldn't have gone better. His teacher was so sweet and fun - just fantastic with him. It was a far cry from the gruff lady who made me terrified of swim lessons at Camp Mary Elizabeth!


After his lesson we had even more to do. A very tired boy took his 2:00 nap at 1:15. First, we picked up my contacts at Target, then Henry got a haircut, and then I surprised him with a doughnut at Rise... which he did not eat. (Is he even my child?) He did like seeing the bakers through the tiny window, though.


Oh, I don't want to forget this little moment. On the way to swim we passed a little spot with several birdhouses. When I pointed them out, Henry noticed the red one: "Oh, red! Maybe the cardinal lives in the red one." I just love the connections little brains make.

What else will the week bring? We'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment