Pages

Thursday, May 30, 2013

Last day of 3-yr preschool

Henry said goodbye to Southwest Elementary on May 17, since we are no longer living in Durham. His teachers and speech therapist hugged him tightly and told us how much they would miss him. More significant to me, however, was his last day at UUMP this week. I have dearly loved Mrs. Stephanie and wish she could move up to the 4s with him!

The children were told they were walking to the arboretum, but they didn't know their parents would be waiting with a picnic lunch and their favorite stuffed animal. (Henry doesn't care much for stuffed animals, so that was a stretch.) I wish I'd been video-taping their entry into the garden. Henry dropped the rope the children hold and came running to me, screaming with excitement. We enjoyed lunch and chatting with the teachers and other parents before one last circle time. Mrs. Stephanie and Mrs. Lisa kissed each child goodbye and gave them a pinwheel before they left us.

This is Jordan, my friend Allie's son.


This little fella is very affectionate like Henry. I often heard about them giving each other hugs at school.

No comments:

Post a Comment