Pages

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

NC Zoo

On Saturday we took our first family trip to the NC Zoo in Asheboro. Ever since his experience at the petting zoo in July, Henry has been asking to go to the zoo with Shelby. Well, we couldn't accommodate his request for his cousin, but we managed to pick a perfect day for the zoo!

This zoo is gigantic and split into two sections - Africa and North America. Some of the enclosures are so large, you can't tell where they end. The elephants, antelope, oryx, bongos, rhinos, and others enjoy what looks to be several (many?) acres of land. Based on Henry's desire for lions and giraffes, we thought it best to start in Africa and see how far we could get. He was an absolute trooper and loved the animals. His only complaint was that the lions were not awake. I'm pretty sure the whole park could hear him yell, "WAKE UP, LIONS!" After 3 hours in Africa his eyes were getting heavy, so we decided to save North America for another day.

2 comments:

  1. I know he loved it, I bet he was smiling all day long.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Family adventures are my favorite days! I bet he loved his first trip to the zoo! We love the zoo, it might be about time for us to go back!

    ReplyDelete