Pages

Tuesday, June 30, 2015

What I Learned in June

Because I've been admiring this thing Emily does every month and I'm finally doing it too. Why now? For the first time, I realized I needed it.

What I Learned in June

1. The people and things I think I know can surprise me.

2. Little birds, the finches and robins and bluebirds, eat from my birdfeeders. The crows stand around the bottom and eat leftovers.

3. Sometimes I have to write out the worst case scenarios so I won't fear them anymore.

4. Before our trip, I told Keith we shouldn't have booked our trip to Mexico. I was feeling mentally tired and emotionally tangled. I said, "Our problems will be right here when we come back. What's the point?" The truth is, I was angry about the fac that we would go, have a great time, and have to come back to normalcy. I didn't want to come back to normalcy.

We went, and I remembered why the vacation is not just important but critical. When we give ourselves space to breathe, relax, and connect, the normalcy doesn't seem so bad anymore. The problems are surmountable. The daily is grace-filled.

No comments:

Post a Comment