Pages

Thursday, June 4, 2015

Going away

In early November 2005, Keith and I returned from our honeymoon on Peter Island. I just knew our marriage would be full of travel, and we even talked about another island vacation for our 5th anniversary. I still remember our waitress on our last morning, suggesting we come back for our 1st anniversary. We laughed and said maybe a little later on. (We're cheap, after all.)

That didn't happen. For many reasons, some legitimate and some not, we haven't traveled alone together since that honeymoon. We've had great vacations with our families, and our parents have been wonderful to come up and offer respite weekends for us since we became parents - both of which we are so thankful to have had. Tomorrow, however, we take our first extended vacation alone.

Dum dum DUM!

I have prayer warriors covering Henry, and I too pray for his security while we are away. God, wrap your arms around him so that he feels our love even from Mexico. We love you, God, and we know you love Henry even more than we do. Thank you, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment