Pages

Thursday, February 20, 2014

The boy and his mouth

Walking through the grocery store, Henry spots an end cap filled with Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Because he has such picky eating tendencies, I tend to not buy things like sugary cereal. He's already got a sweet tooth. But, what can I say? I felt weak and he looked cute pushing that little cart.

"Sure, baby. You can get a box."

A few moments later we pulled up in the driveway and Henry exclaimed, "Daddy is going to be so surprised that I got some Cinnamon Toast Crunch - just like Stephanie!"

Yep, he knows who buys the good stuff.

____________________

This morning I told Henry we were going to the park with Abel, but then Melissa had something important come up at the last minute.

"Mom, can we go to the park with our friends?"
"I'm sorry, buddy. Ms. Melissa has to do something."
"Can Abel come with his daddy?"
"No, his daddy is at work. Want to go, just you and me?"
"No, Mom. It's closed."

____________________

"Henry, please get your trains out of Dobby's water bowl."
"But it's the muddy ditch!"

____________________

"Henry, you have legs. You can go get your toys."
"Noooo, Mom. YOU have legs. YOU can get 'em. I just asked you."

____________________

"Guys, just be hush! I'm trying to think about something."

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness he is a nut! Love.it. I can't wait to see what he says when he is older that we all want to say, I think he is going to be like my thoughts. So honest.

    ReplyDelete