Pages

Sunday, February 9, 2014

America! And early Valentine's Day!

Last fall I saw that America, the rock duo, was coming to Durham on February 5. My mom and I share a love of their music, so I asked her if she would want to take off work on a Thursday and come Wednesday night to see them in concert. Her answer was, "If you can get good seats." I could and I did! 

Keith came home from work just in time for Mom and I to leave. We enjoyed a quick dinner downtown and then a great concert. Our only disappointment was that they only played about 75 minutes. I guess old guys can't hang.




That weekend Keith and I had some much-needed time to ourselves. We enjoyed dinner at Bonefish, lunch at Saxapawhaw General Store, and breakfast at Iron Hen. It's highly unusual for us to go out so much in three days! On Saturday night we had our annual date at the Greensboro Medical Society's Fundraiser Gala. We had fun dressing up and played blackjack, roulette, and craps with fake money. Oh, and I accidentally threw away my contacts. Oh well.



We only received our invitation to the gala the week before, so it was a bit stressful trying to find someone to watch Henry. We're thankful it worked out. When it was time for Henry to part with Grammy, this happened…


For the first time ever, he tightly held to someone's neck other than mine or Keith's. I think it made my mom's whole year.

1 comment:

  1. The concert and company was great! I too, could have listened longer, had they only played longer. I am glad it worked out that I was able to help out with Henry. You know, things work out if only we believe. God knew back in the fall (before you even knew when the Gala was and if you were going) that things world come together for a babysitter. I had no clue that things would turn out that way, but I enjoyed every moment. I was pleasantly SHOCKED when Henry wrapped his little arms around my neck and gave me that kind of hug, I thought that was only reserved for mommy and daddy. Thank you sweet Henry for the wonderful hug, I love you!

    ReplyDelete