Monday was my first night back to work since Christmas. Keith reported Henry was a sweet boy all evening and didn't seem bothered, even when he woke up from his nap to find I was gone. However, a few minutes after Keith put him to bed, he heard Henry crying and went to check on him.
"What's wrong, buddy?"
"I crying, Dada!"
"Why are you crying?"
"I want Mommy to come back! Burp. Excuse me."
________
Yesterday morning I drove Keith's car to the mechanic, and Henry and Keith followed in my car. When I got in my car with them, Henry excitedly said, "Welcome back, Mommy!"
________
"I tooted. Excuse me."
________
One afternoon Henry was sitting in a chair eating Goldfish. Keith headed out to get the mail and Henry wanted to come along. As they were walking down the driveway, Henry said, "Dobby's in trouble, Daddy." When they came back inside, sure enough... Dobby was in the chair eating Henry's Goldfish!
________
"We need Mousketools."
________
I'm daily amazed at the progress in Henry's language. What used to be one-word commands have become sentences. "Chair!" has become, "Sit next to me, Mommy." We do not take anything for granted, not even this: "NO! I don't WANNA go on my POTTY!"
It is soooo much fun to see and hear their little minds put into words what they are thinking! I know it has been extra special for y'all! He is so funny!
ReplyDeleteYes, so special!
ReplyDeleteOh, precious H, I need Mousketools too. :)
ReplyDelete