Pages

Sunday, April 17, 2016

His first prayer: One year ago


One year ago today, Henry said his first blessing that wasn't the one he learned in preschool:
"Dear God, thank you for this day. Thank you for making me learn soccer. Amen."

Keith and I started at each other, eyes wide, marveling that this day had come without our prompting. Because he wanted to, because he felt it, he expressed his thanks to God.

Since then we have heard many of his prayers. Not every night, but enough for us to know he is considering God in his days, and for that we are thankful.

2 comments:

  1. So, I'm someone who sometimes wishes that sports were never invented. (No one in my house wants to go for a walk on a nice night because X, Y, Z games are on!!! And right when one sports' season ends, the next has already started!) However, this post makes me rethink all that and be thankful for soccer...and maybe some other sports too. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so sweet. It made me thankful for soccer too. :)
      And you know I'm not a sports person!

      Delete