Tuesday, February 24, 2015
Spartanburg Train Station
Last weekend Henry and I decided to visit Spartanburg. We hadn't seen my family since Christmas, except for a few hours I saw Mom at a baby shower in Winston-Salem. On Saturday we were driving home from Perrin's archery class when Mom decided to drive over the railroad tracks for Henry. Little did we know that the old train station now has a caboose. Inside was a small electric train display and two guys from the Hub City Railroad Museum. (Or a club? I'm not sure.) They had computer monitor showing all the trains within a few hours of Spartanburg and a freight train was 5 minutes out, so we waited for that. I also bought Henry a great print of "Railroad Cars of the Upstate" by Andy Fletcher. It was a nice surprise!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

What a fun detour with an unexpected surprise! I bet H will remember that for a very long time. :)
ReplyDelete