This morning I needed to pick up photos at Wallgreen's for Henry to take to school, so we arrived in town early, parked the car, and made the short walk to the store.
I don't know why it delights me every time; Henry is so at home on Franklin Street. This boy loves a city, no matter the size. He skips and hops along in front of me, counting cars and buses and (the best!) UPS and FedEx trucks.
After school today I caught a quick glimpse of Henry playing on the playground. He couldn't have looked happier. And when the bell began ringing to signal time to go, he looked up, saw me, and smiled. "Hey, it's Mom!"
I asked, "Henry, what was your favorite part of school?"
"Writing letters with Nicholas."
Writing. He said writing. Knock me sideways.
And Nicholas! The mild-mannered, gentle boy I was praying he would like. He does!
Thank you, God, for wonders great and small. Thank you for this Tuesday.


No comments:
Post a Comment