Pages

Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Books, Bells, Beds, and Trains

Right now Henry loves Keith to read Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs. This was Monday night when Keith had to work late. "I'll just wait for him right here." Needless to say, he fell asleep waiting. Keith walked in 20 minutes later.


Each year before Christmas break, the preschool classes have a fun time in the sanctuary singing with bells and the pipe organ. Tim Baker, our church's Minister of Music and magnificent musician, talks to them about the organ and plays Christmas songs they request. Last year this was a bit too loud and sensory stimulating for Henry, and I sat with him just outside the door of the sanctuary. (I was parent of the day.) This year I prepped him ahead of time, as well as warned his teacher, and it worked! She sent me this picture and said he was mesmerized by the organ and requested "Frosty the Snowman."


Henry has been requesting that we buy Dobby a red dog bed. I'm not sure who likes it the best.


Finally, this is the "All I Want for Christmas" poster outside Henry's classroom. Grandma and Pops brought back a toy bullet train from France, and guess who wants another one?


1 comment: