Friday morning Jonathan was completely well and even took Perrin to school, so we had the all-clear, but then Keith got sick! I encouraged him to get back in bed and take it easy, which he did, but after a nap he was feeling better and was convinced it was food poisoning. We went ahead with our trip. About 30 minutes away from Spartanburg he told me was feeling bad again. Uh-oh. He went straight to bed at Mom and Dad's, came out of the room for a little while to eat soup, then promptly got sick again. Saturday morning he was all better and we had a normal day; the boys dyed and hunted eggs and had a ball together.
Sunday morning about 1am Henry crawled into bed with us and proceeded to fill our bed with all of the juice he drank Saturday. Oh my word, it was a mess. We stroked his hair and patted his back as he was sick and said all the things parents say - "It's ok, buddy. You're ok. We're here." What did he say? "I'm sorry, Mommy and Daddy. I made a mess. I'm so sorry. I'm sorry." Over and over again, he apologized, which just about broke my heart in two. Mom came to help and we managed to get everything and everyone clean, and just as we were getting settled into bed, Henry got sick again. This time he choked out, "Thank you for helping me, Mommy." Awww, you're killing me, sweet boy!
Sunday afternoon he seemed tired but pretty normal, but I had the worst stomach pains! I wasn't sick, thank goodness, but all day my stomach lurched and tightened and felt like knives were stabbing me. This is one strange virus.
Oh, and all weekend, sweet Grady just didn't feel himself. According to a doctor visit this morning, his stomach is cramping like mine. Poor fella.
Here are our Easter pictures, nonetheless. Most are from Steph and Jonathan, since I forgot my camera, but a few are from the iphone.













The same stomach bug came to Chicago :(
ReplyDeleteAw, sorry to hear it!
Delete